Guided tour of Arles and the Roman Empire
Discover the little Rome of the Gauls and explore its UNESCO World Heritage monuments with your private guide-lecturer.
Come and discover the history of the Roman Empire in Arles
- Discover all the Roman monuments of Arles, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Follow your guide through the Roman Amphitheater. Construit en l’an 90 pour accueillir les combats de gladiateurs, it could accommodate up to 25,000 spectators.
- Continue your journey at the Roman Theater. Edifié en l’an -30, it could accommodate up to 10,000 spectators.
- Discover the Alyscamps : city of the virtuous dead in Greek mythology. The listed historical monument was painted by Van Gogh and Gaugin.
- Immerse yourself in the bowels of the city under the cryptoporticos. These galleries constitute the foundations of the Roman Forum.
- As you travel, your guide-lecturer will tell you the story of a certain Julius Caesar who decided to transform Arles into "little Rome of the Gauls" and to punish Marseille.
- Max group size: 30 people
- Duration: 2 hours
- Departure of the visit: Les Alyscamps: see the plan
- Difficulty level: intermediate
- Entries included in: les Alyscamps, cryptoporticus, the ancient theater, the arenas.
- This visit is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
- The visit is on foot.